Well folks, the record books have once again been rewritten, with the Man of Steel opening up this Father’s Day weekend at $125 million, making it the largest June opener of all time. Surprised? No. Happy? Yes. And, although it wasn’t as good as The Avengers it was far better than The Avengers, despite the fact that tony stark and company will probably come in one of the top money making films of the year. Please elaborate? Indeed!
Let me go on record that my all time favorite comic book movie is a tie between Iron Man ( the 1st one) and Batman Begins, with The Avengers coming in just a tad below them. After that its pretty much up in the air, although The Dark Knight is right in there somewhere. That was then, but now, after seeing the man of steel already two times, I’d have to say that although it had moments I wasn’t particularly excited about, it had way more good than bad, and therefor sits right at about tied for my 2nd favorite comic book film. Tied with The Avengers, though maybe just a tad below.
I won’t say much more about it since many have yet to see the iconic superhero in action once again and I don’t want to spoil anything, but let me say this…
- Russel Crowe as Jor-el was very impressive and the opening segment of the film kicks off with a bang.
- General Zod and his officers had the best outfits and were definitely my favorites in the film.
- Kevin Costner as Clark’s earthly father was fantastic as both a father and mentor for young Clark.
- The U.S. Military was well represented not backing down one iota despite facing such hopelessness.
- Sound and visual effects were outstanding.
Without revealing or spoiling too much, I’ll stop right there. Once you get a chance to see it, come on back and let me know what you thought!